Friday, May 19, 2006

i could not speak english and "tanto" (actually it might have been "tonta"

i could not speak english and "tanto"
Posted on May 20, 2006 at 02:45:43 AM by This belongs @ the top jfk/d1

eb: "For the last twenty years,Hispanics have had control of institutions and agencies of government and power in South Texas and throughout the southwest..and has life improved for hispanics because of it? I'd submit to you it has."

ok it is possible alot more of our parents realized the importance of "learning english"

to the point i was denied my first language deliberately,hence i forgot it

at 4 i went to headstart

i could not speak english and "tanto"

i think it meant "dense"

but i was removed from my family who spoke to me in spanish

i am grateful but i was once accused over the cb radio-"i bet dhe has blond hair and blue eyes"

that was sooo hilarious cuz if they had seen me.........

i used to wish i had blonde hair and blue eyes cuz i thought that was "pretty"

now why did that person accuse me of having blonde hair and blue eyes?

cuz of the way i talked?

cuz she could not see me?

if only my mom would have heard it!!

she would have thought she did her job!

no one would accuse me of being a dumb mexican

No comments: